Tuesday, September 1, 2009

6 months now, I'd say

Mireille took out the ol' six string.

"You know, now that you're injured, you should finally learn to play the guitar."

Really? Well that person forgot that we had so much icing and physio to do... there was no extra time. Plus, I could barely bend in a position to support a guitar. And, when I could, the foot got numb.

Maybe those are all excuses. But... we're an athlete. Not a musician.

I'm not sure what compelled Mireille to start playing again. She actually remembered a bit. Plus, the reverberations felt quite good on me.

Guitar playing could end up being therapeutic.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely therapeutic! Perhaps you could also write some songs about your journey on the road to wellness and recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! But my knee doesn't sing very well... ;-)

    ReplyDelete