Sunday, October 4, 2009

Do I or don't I?

These past couple of weeks we've been hearing a lot of stories about knee injuries and how these people are never going to return to the sport they were doing when they got hurt.

So, Mireille's been a bit down because of that and unsure about what she should do.

I'm feeling great and I often forget now that I was ever hurt. Going to back to sports seems like a no-brainer but people are planting seeds of doubt in us.

Is it worth going back to Ultimate? Do I really need to go back and prove a point? Who says I would get hurt again? We just saw Tom Brady playing football today. He went back. As do pretty much all pro football players.

Ok but Mireille isn't a professional, paid athlete. I guess if money were involved, there would be no question.

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Well don't feel pressured into going back. But you've put a lot of effort into your knee, might as well enjoy it! Just don't get injured again.. it's that simple ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough to face the possibility of giving up an activity that you really enjoy, but is there another sport that you could do? Something easier on your knee?

    ReplyDelete