Wednesday, April 22, 2009

7 weeks, 1 day

Oh, the irony.

For the past couple of days, I've been able to breathe freely. Mireille is making a supreme effort to walk without any kind of assistance and I've been spared the confines of an awkward brace. My good friend DonJoy is tucked away until we can do more aggressive sports (I think, I hope).

But with that, comes extreme paranoïa.

Mireille had an off-site meeting today for work and decided that DonJoy didn't need to join us for that. Talk about confidence. It was a location we had never been to and who would've foreseen the obstacle.

Upward slopes are fine. But going down... We don't like those. Factor in a gusty wind and it's a disaster.

A good portion of Mireille's body weight must come from that thigh that's now atrophied because I don't recall a wind warning. I was sure we were going to get carried away. Mireille stood there paralyzed, feet distanced for extra stability. Would the wind every die down??

Luckily, a nice old lady was walking by and noticed my plight. She sweetly asked if she could lend a hand. I couldn't say no... I would have been anchored in front of the government building all day.

An elderly lady had to help a barely 30 year old walk down a moderate incline. Now, that is the ultimate illustration of how my world is upside down right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment