Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 2

(Note: you will notice that the dates these blogs are posted do not match the actual dates the events occured. These entries were all pre-written the old-fashioned way in a diary. Remember those??)

The pain just disappeared today, as though a switch had gone off. As a result, Mireille's spirits were up and I got moved around a lot more. Poked and prodded at. She still didn't have the courage to undo the bandages and take a peek, though.

I was put on the CPM machine and could only bend a measly 20 degrees. I guess it's better than nothing. And, what a bore. Mireille lost patience with the machine after about an hour and a half. I was put through a set of exercises, instead. This was difficult because I (and the rest of the leg) felt like a ton of bricks.

Mireille also swore off the Cryo-cuff. For some reason, half of me wasn't feeling any of the cold. Back to good old ice packs every two hours and elevation to reduce the swelling. This was much more effective for me.

Here's a picture of me before removing the Cryo-cuff. Mireille has been watching a marathon of renovation shows and "nurse Simba" keeping a protective eye over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment