Thursday, March 12, 2009

Surgery Day

I was scheduled nice and early. Always good to get something out of the way first thing so there's less time to dwell on it.

I was stretched and exercised quite a bit in the waiting room. A mix of nerves and knowledge that I probably wouldn't be able to move this well for quite a while.

Lounged in front of the OR (wearing a ridiculous hat and hospital garb) Mireille pushed back the sheets and stared at me for a long time. Skinny and flawless. I wouldn't stay that way for long!

As the final preparations were being made in the OR, the surgeon and anesthetist chatted casually and finished their coffees just a few feet away. I couldn't help but overhear the conversation. The topic turned to skiing and my surgeon started explaining why he no longer enjoyed the sport... He has a knee problem. OMFG! I'm being operated on by someone with a bad knee. What does that mean?

I felt pretty good and surprisingly pain-free after the surgery. The nerve-block worked exceptionally well. This would last until 4:30am the next morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment